Twelve chefs, gorgeous locally grown ingredients, and an enthusiastic crowd to taste the results--our Slow Food Chef Showcase on Monday, March 19 defied the weather forecast and delivered a fun night for all.
We tried a new day and time this year and added a preview for farmers to help them connect with new customers--both a success and part of our plan for next year.
Many thanks to the 12 chefs and their teams who volunteered to come out and cook for us:
- Frank Bradley of Bourbon Columbia
- Jason Bruner of 1801 Grille
- Mike Davis of Terra
- Wes Fulmer of Motor Supply Co. Bistro
- Sarah Simmons and Aaron Hoskins of The Cafe at Richland Library
- Alex Strickland of Hunter Gatherer
- Charley Scruggs of Tallulah
- Gabrielle Watson from F2T
- Rhett Elliott from The War Mouth
- Jessica Shillato from Spotted Salamander
- Brandon Velie of Juniper
We also appreciate the support of the Edible Columbia staff, super volunteer Ellan Hambright, Motor Supply's Josh Streetman and his just-for-us cocktail, River Rat Brewery for donating beer for our bar, and Advintage and Grassroots Wine for providing a tasting of biodynamic and organic wines.